Hey Guys ‘n Gals. I’m doing some remote recording Today, September 29, 2011 through Saturday. I wanted to include you in on what I’m doing.
This is a live recording. The Front of House engineer (Tony Rhode) is using a Digico DB-8 console. It has tons of DSP built into it, but the coolest thing is that it has a MADI output on it. You can tap into the board in several places… Before the board (I’d have to use my own pre amps), or after the mic pres (that’s what we are doing).
I rented a Pro Tools rig from the kind folks at Blackbird Audio rentals.
- RME MADI interface-Takes a MADI (one BNC cable that can carry up to 64 channels for 2miles!)
- 3 Avid 192’s receiving lightpipe signal from the RME
- Apple G4 running Pro Tools 7.4.2
- Headphone amp and headphones
- HP Monitor
- 200′ BNC cable that we are receiving from the Front of House console
If you guys are interested in hearing more, I can keep you informed… I’ll judge whether or not you are interested by the comments section.
If you are in California this weekend, give me a shout. I’d love to meet you.
I hope you enjoy this VERY last-minute video.